Saturday, January 5, 2008

Gayle's Update

Happy New Year!

I kind of left you hanging since I went to the Women Writing The West Conference. I had a great time visiting with the other writers and getting to know them. It is great to be a part of this organization. I was elected Secretary for 2007-2008 and I'm working to help with the marketing of WWW. Next year's conference is in San Antonio and I can't wait to go!

The best part of the conference was meeting with an editor who is very excited about my book project on Ernest and the cattle rustling. He can't commit to the book until the manuscript is complete, but he is very encouraging. So, in the past few months I've been working on improving my writing and organizing the book. And I've kept on researching. Amazing facts are turning up-- facts that keep me questioning and searching for more answers. I've learned more about Ed Watkins' background and more about his wife. With recent information, I've realized there is still a lot of buried treasure for me to dig up. I'm grateful for what keeps coming to the surface and for what I discover when I dig deeper.

Here's to 2008 -- the year of a completed manuscript, I pray!

No comments: