Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Map of Locations in Colorado Reflections Blog

I've added a new feature to Colorado Reflections - a Google map of the locations. The map is in the sidebar on the right. Click on "View Larger Map" under the bottom left corner of the map to see the full map. For the best view, click on "Terrain" in the upper right corner.

You can click on a placemark in the map and a box will open. The box will give the name of the location and the links to the Colorado Reflections posts that mention this location.

I am excited to share this map with you. For those of you who aren't familiar with the area, it will give a sense of place. Understanding the terrain and distance is vital to understanding the living conditions of the Christisons and their neighbors in the 1800's. If you are familiar with the area, then the map will help locate some of the places you may not know about.

2 comments:

Thomas MacEntee said...

This rocks! I am so glad you were able to use this - now I have some ideas for my blogs!!!!

Unknown said...

Cool ideas. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, I'm letting bloggers know I have another give-away contest running on my blog this week. It's for all mystery and suspense enthusiasts, and comes from LDS author G. G. Vandagriff, who is offering a set of her fascinating Arthurian Omen CD's. This super prize is worth around twenty dollars. If you have a moment, please do check it out.