|Fireworks on Pikes Peak January 1, 2013|
- Be curious and see where the next computer click, phone call, e-mail, turn in the road will take me.
- Be courageous and follow up on what I find. Make the phone call, set the date, make the drive, meet new people.
- Be faithful and stay on track. Write the book, do the research, enter the data.
- Be true to myself. Write the way I write, research the way I research, and don't compare myself to others.
- Be open to new opportunities, new people, new ideas.
- Be courteous to others and respect their stories. Remember that the pioneers I research and write about have family today who may not know the whole story and who have their own family stories.